Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Want to Help?

Cougar Cards is a blog intended to stimulate interest in University of Houston athletics and collectibles. I receive no income from this site and I’m not asking for financial contributions.

There are several ways anyone can contribute though, but first let me explain my long term goals. I plan on continuing with this blog, but I would also like to create a comprehensive collectibles site with dynamic content. For an example, see http://www.dukecard.com/dukecard.html. I’m a little ambitious, so I’d actually like to have pictures of every card available or as many as possible.

So how can you contribute?
1) Blog entries – Write about any Cougar collectible you’d like. You can be a one-time poster, an infrequent poster, or post on regular intervals.

2) Technical/Programming Assistance – I am not a programmer. I can do some pretty basic programming, but I’ve never written a web application so any assistance would be appreciated. If you can provide advice, answer questions, or even do some programming, I will be happy to have any assistance.

3) Gather pictures – There are over 10,000 cards with Cougars that I am currently aware of. Ideally I’d like pictures of both the front and back of each of these cards. I’ve really just started so I only have about 100 pictures at this time. I’ll probably never get pictures of them all, especially by myself, but the more the better. If you have any of these collectibles, you can provide images from your personal set. If you don’t have any, you can do what I do and find images on eBay or other sites.

4) Comment – I don’t have a lot of traffic to this site, but I have had over 800 visitors since the site began or about 6 per day. Out of those 800+ visitors, I think I’ve receive 6 total comments. Any feedback you receive would be greatly appreciated. Let me know what you think of a featured collectible, a card you’d like to see listed, my writing style, or just general comments. If you don’t know how to comment, click on the Post a Comment link if you’re on an individual post, or click on the number of comments if you’re on the home page.

If you’re interested in helping, please e-mail at cougarcards@yahoo.com.

2 comments:

CoogarPoop said...

i love your site. I especially like that you post card of some of the less famous cougars. Everyone has heard of kolb, drexler, and hakeem. I would love to share my collection with you sometime. You should check out Beckett. Suprisingly are a few Coog posters on there. Including a Avery and a Kolb supercollector. I'm CoogarPoop. regards

NTXCoog said...

Thanks for the comment. I love posting about the stars, but every Cougar should be featured as cherished members of our Cougar family.

I'd love to see your collection and will try to check out the Coogs on Beckett. If you ever want to write a guest post about your collection, your favorite card, or any other Cougar collectible topic, please let me know.