Joffrey Reynolds is one of those players. Playing from 1999-2002, Reynolds only had one season with a winning record, 7-4 in 1999. He played for possibly the worse team in UH history, the 0-11 2001 team. But don't let that diminish his achievements.
Joffrey's name is all over the Cougar record books. His biggest record is probably the 300 yards rushing effort vs ECU on 11/9/02. He is the only Cougar running back to ever break the 300 yard mark.
Other records and important stats:
- Most carries in a game 41 (11/9/02 vs ECU and 11/30/02 vs Louisville). Also 8th most in a game (34 vs Army in 2000)
- Most carries in a season (316 in 2002)
- Tied for 5th for most points scored in a game (24 on 11/9/02 vs ECU)
- 4th in 100 yard games (13)
- 4th in rushing yards in a season (1545 in 2002)
- Tied for 9th in rushing TDs in a season (11 in 2002)
- 4th in career rushing yards (2947)
- 2nd in career carries (618)
- Tied for 5th in career rushing TDs (23)
- Tied for 10th in career TDs (26)
- 7th in career total yards (3674)
- Led team in rushing yards in 2000 (534), 2001 (818), and 2002 (1545)
- Led team in scoring in 2001 (50) and 2002 (78)
- 9th in the nation in rushing yards per game at 128.75. (1545 yards in 12 games)
He also received several honors as a player. He was named CNNSI Honorable Mention All American and 1st team All Conference USA in 2002. He was also Co-Captain of the 2002 team.
In 2003, as an undrafted free agent, he signed with the St Louis Rams. In that season, he returned 6 kickoffs for 109 yards in 4 games.
He then moved on to the Canadian Football League and has played for Calgary Stampeders from 2004 to present. He has had an amazing career in the CFL. Some of his accomplishments include:
- 4 time CFL All Star (2005, 2006, 2008, and 2009)
- 5 time Western Division All Star (2005-2009)
- Led league in rushing in 2008 (1310 yards) and helped lead the team to a Grey Cup Championship
- Led league in rushing in 2009 (1504 yards)
- Going into the 2010 season, he needed 760 yards to become the career rushing leader for the Stampeders
He's still playing at a very high level in the CFL so if you get a chance, watch some of his games to get you ready for the start of the UH season.
Today's card is the 2008 Extreme Sports CFL #99. He's looking great in a red uniform. (Can we start the whole red pants/white pants uniform debate?) But that team logo is driving me crazy. That horse is identical to SMU's mustang.